Wouldn’t It Be Great If We Could Change Our Metabolism?
Hello from Jonson H
Wouldn’t it be terrific if we could just wave a magic wand and either speed up or slow down our metabolism. Well, I don’t belive in magic wands either.
Wrong thoughts…wrong metabolism!
Is our Metabolism “temporary or permanent?” Of course the latter would be the most popular answer. Unless you are the type who is strangely inclined with quick-constant-changes in your life. In whatever field it is, people find security and stability in permanence. It is funny to think that in dieting however, they give in to short-term solutions.
These short-term solutions come in different ways such as skipping meals, working out with an empty stomach and so forth.
What are the most common metabolism malpractices?
- Dieters only think of one factor affecting metabolism. There are different factors that lower or heightens metabolic rate like age, sex, sleeping habits, amount of muscle mass. The tendency for most of us wanting to lose weight is to get carried away with just one area of consideration. The most typical example is that he focuses on building muscles but neglect sleep. This is not a good way because it will not give positive outcomes.
- Dieters just exercise for the fat zone. This thing does not sound new to us. Even gym instructors give this as advice. So, the dieters think that doing this would really shape them up. The truth is, they need an over-all work out to maintain weight or even improve it to the level you want to.
- Another big malpractice is when dieters restrict calories too much. For experts, when food goes down too low, metabolism slows down to create a balance inside for bodily activities. There is a big possibility that you lose weight, but this may come from wrong portions of the body like the muscles or organs. You just lose weight temporarily but in the long run, you will lose muscle mass, and eventually regain weight. The yo yo effect we all know about.
- Not eating enough or irregularly, is a big problem for those of us cursed with diabetes. That’s for sure. But we are talking about metabolism here.
- The worst malpractice is the use of diet pills to lose weight. Metabolism is greatly affected by this wrongdoing. They think that taking these pills would tame their appetite and lose weight. This is just for short-term results, you have to think of long-term wellness over a temporary rejoice.
We must put in mind that health will always be the most important one not only for diet-conscious individuals but for all people. Therefore, we must not be blinded with these glittering diet malpractices. As we age, out metabolism slows down. Using arificial means doesn’t help. It just hinders.
Let’s go for a walk.